Hey Hey Polly People (that probably only works on the Vlog, pretend I didn’t say that!)
I’ve not been blogging, as in seriously, for very long but thought if I was going to have a go at it I would make an effort and try and up my social media game. Since I re-launched (Polly’s ‘Launch’ pad! See! I don’t just throw this stuff together..much) the blog at the end of September I have got involved with the blogger community on Twitter, initially to steal tips and ideas, but also now as a platform to share my posts and discover other writers. It was through this I have been chatting to a few people, and I have consequently – and somewhat undeservedly- been asked to participate in the this Versatile Blogger Award.
First of all, a big shout out to Lavrax, of Lavrax Blogs for my nomination – go read her cool True Crime posts! (Actually just read all of her posts and tell her Polly sent you)
So these are the Rules I have been given…
• If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award (Why Thank you!)
• Thank the person who gave you the award (A ‘shout out’ is a thank you right?)
• Include a link to their blog (Done that too!)
• Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly (15! Okay, better look through my Reader, and check they aren’t on Lavrax’s list as well! Pretty sure most people have done this by now!)
• Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award (Okay – Will do that too…once I work out how to do that…)
• Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself (Hmmm…)
7 THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I am preternaturally obsessed with Korean music
Not just K-pop boy bands (although I LOVE them!), but Indie, rock and hip-hop… just their entire music scene has something about it.
2. I am trying to learn Japanese
I have been at this for a while, and though I am able to slowly read, and make basic sentences I am still pretty terrible. The aim is to film an entire vlog in Japanese… I will get my friend Yumi to vet my script first though!She keeps telling me off for using teenage slang and I don’t want to unintentionally cause an international incident by pronouncing something wrong!
3. I went to the same school as Stephen Merchant
I was even in a school play with him – it was called ‘C’mon Everybody’ and was based on Eddie Cochran’s visit to Bristol, for his final show before dying in a car crash on the way to London in 1960. I played Deirdre, the coffee bar owners daughter, while he played the vicar!
4. I have an unnatural hatred towards tomato sauce.
It is evil stuff and that is all I have to say about that.
5. I have had a YouTube channel for almost three years – that literally no-one watches!
It is basically a vanity project now – you know when you get a Snap-chat streak and you don’t want to break it? Well I have put out a Vlog come rain or shine; whether I was in the country or not, every Monday for almost three years. Feel free to go pity watch and subscribe. I would one day like 100 subscribers…
6. I love Street Art – and live in Bristol, the home of Banksy.
We have some amazing street art in Bristol, and are home to one of the best annual Street Art Fests in Europe: Upfest.
If you are ever in the area and I am about, I will happily take you on a tour! I am also pretty handy around Bath too if you are ever visiting there.
7. I have run a Girl Guide Unit since 2009
Volunteering with the Guides has enabled me to learn some great skills – especially craft ones – to try out new and adventurous activities, like kayaking and abseiling and even visit new places. I once got to enrol a Guide on top of Mont Blanc in Italy (and France, we were straddling the border at the time!)
Now for the hard bit; I need people – I actually wrote this post 3 weeks ago and just as I am about to publish it one of the people puts their award post up, so I have gone with 5 instead.
No pressure to participate at all guys, but I follow all of you and I would love to know more about you because I think you’re all awesome!