If you have read the Blogmas post for December 3rd (which you can go back and look at here) – or indeed watched the vlog ,you will know that I had a bit of a brain wave regarding an item that links to both Blogmas and the supposed theme of my vlog…Bucket Lists… And o I wrote A Christmas Bucket List. … And did things on it.
Polly’s Bucket List Plug
If you are a new here, firstly- Hello!- and secondly, you may have already picked up on the fact that I have a penchant for planning, a lust for lists and an all-encompassing adoration for alliteration. These three traits culminate in my having quite the fancy for Bucket Lists, in their many forms. If you currently don’t have one, may I recommend you check this post out…. And if you are ahead of the game and have already written one, you may want to look into possible upgrades.
If that sounds like too much effort, and you literally popped here for a quick read and can’t be bothered to go looking at other pages, all you really need to know is the ‘Polly’s Pad Rules of Bucket Lists’:
There is no pressure to complete anything on the list
You should have a few things that challenge you
Always remember that the idea is to have fun and not to be stressed out about any of the tasks.
Back to the actual post…
Here is a reminder of the list, with links and comments on how my Christmas Checklist of Challenges Has gone, so far.
- Sip on Hot Chocolate by the Fire
- Make a Christmas Tune Playlist – Christmas Day is conveniently a Tuesday – So my “Tuesday Tunes” post will write itself!
- Watch a Holiday Movie Favourite
These are Christmas Eve/Day tasks, so will definitely be getting done, but not until then. Christmas Eve in our house involves a hot chocolate station (although we don’t technically have a fire, just an electric heater, but the general concept of warmth being emitted is the same) and our movies of choice are various versions of The Christmas Carol – with ‘The Muppets’, and Bill Murray’s ‘Scrooged’ being our favourites.
- Make a Wreath for Your Front Door – I am on this one guys! I am so annoyed about this! I made one at Guides last Wednesday and accidentally left it in the church hall! I may have time to have another attempt
Spend an Evening Wrapping Presents – more of a chore than fun, but needs doing nonetheless.Managed to talk my Mother into having the kids round for their tea last night, so while they were out of the house, I managed to get this task done
- Make Paper Snowflakes – this is going to be my EBI Got this done and there are photos to prove it!
- Go Ice Skating – this is the most challenging one on the list as far as I am concerned! And expensive – and not done yet
Dressed Up and Attend a Holiday Party– Had three parties so far, and all of the photos have been…questionable. Will make sure I get at least one decent one by the end of the year! Make Your Christmas List– A Pinterest board counts, right? As it is, I think I ma be doing quite well this year! Eat a Candy Cane– While kids get told off for playing with their food, that is exactly what I do this this post!
- Take a Family Christmas Photo – Not yet, again this will hopefully happen on Christmas Eve, if I can get everyone to keep still for long enough…
- Leave Cookies for Father Christmas – he is also partial to a gin, as I understand it.
This will be happening soon. If you are a fan of cookies, maybe this board will be of interest.
As it currently stands then, I have ticked off a grand total of four out of twelve, on the understanding that at least five more will get done in the next few days.
As Christmas Day draws nearer, what have you still got left to do? Any plans to change things up next year and do something a bit differently? Let me know in the comments.