What is a Kettle List, I hear you ask ? *
Well, I shall tell you. Having previously set myself a 40 x 40 bucket style list, I decided that it was something I wanted to continue once I became 40, mainly because it has been fun and I enjoy making videos, but also because, I didn’t actually finish it. I put this down to being a bit too ambitious in too small a time frame…and being poor… and some same part laziness… but mostly lots and lots of poorness.
First the rules:
There is NO pressure to complete anything on this list – this may subconsciously stop me picking things I think are ‘doable’ rather than exciting or interesting!
- Photos or it didn’t happen!
- None of the things on the list are allowed to be illegal, if something on the list BECOMES illegal, I’m allowed to swap it out.
- There are 5 spots on the list left, specifically for ‘Exciting Last Minute Additions’ – So if a Korean boy band calls and wants whisk me off to Jeju Island, while not currently on my list, it will totally be added!
And so, to the list:
I have divided it into sections, and were I better at formatting and creating funky content I would do little boxes and stuff…But I can’t, so a list it is, I’m afraid. The spaces mean that I haven’t thought of something to go in there just yet… but I have got 10 years, so odds are, I’ll come up with something. As each is completed, or if I do something towards it, I will add the link below.
- Sort out my blog , my “Polly Put the Kettle on” blog and try to make a living writing things!
- Finish off my 40 x 40, – still lots left!
- Pass my driving Test – apply for a provisional first, then book some lessons.
- Continue to learn Japanese -日本語があまり上手じゃないです!
- Learn an Instrument
- Dance Lessons – haven’t decide which kind yet
- A Masters Degree – this is kind of on hold – although I do have a PGC in Social & Cultural Theory now.
- Get flexible! – I have started pilates and aim to be able to touch my toes
- A Martial Art
- RUN – far, and without getting out of breath (Complete a Tough Mudder?)
- SWIM – see above
- CYCLE – see above, above…
- Visit 6 out of 7 continents – Maybe as it is a list of challenges I SHOULD add Antarctica…
Go to Japan– I went in April 2017 and I am still working through the footage and photos!
- Visit South Korea and see a K-pop concert
- Go on an African Safari
- Visit Egypt
- Go to a rain forest in South/Central America and see sloths! My youngest, Ethan wants to do this for his 18th Birthday
- Stay in 5 unusual accommodations – link a treehouse, or a windmill…
- Stay in New York and see a Broadway Musical
- Visit California – See the Hollywood Sign – Stand on a Star on the Walk of Fame
- Go to 5 different European Capitals -That I haven’t visited already: Berlin
- Something Australian/New Zealandy – What is that continent called?
- Finally complete the Thompson Quilt
- Decorate a Birthday cake
- Hold a craft fair with stock I have made myself
- Complete a cross stitch
- Create a Mural
- Plant a Tree
- In flux and waiting for an update – have decided to change this one and will update it soon…
- Visit 50 places of Worship
- Perform 50 Random acts of kindness
- Volunteer for 50 + hours ( this has been completed and I feel I need to step it up)
- See a sunrise and a sunset somewhere cool!
- Make 1,000 cranes and take them to the Hiroshima Peace Park
- Be happy with my house – check out ALL of the decluttering posts!
- Finish my novel/ non-fiction book.
- Complete the 50 things to do before you are 11 3/4 (National Trust)
- 50 coffees in 50 different cities
- Go Backpacking
- Visit 50 beaches
- 50 Clocks
- Being saved just in case
- a Korean boy band calls
- and wants to whisk me away #couldhappen …
All of these are listed in my Kettle Journal – so called because I plan to grab a brew once a week and tell you all about it on my YouTube channel ‘Polly Put the Kettle on’ .